HAMILTON, Ont. – Ontario University Athletics (OUA) is pleased to announce the release of the 2015 football schedule.
The road to the 108th Yates Cup presented by Pioneer begins on Sunday, Aug. 30 with a full slate of games, including the McMaster Marauders beginning their Yates Cup title defence on the road against the Toronto Varsity Blues.
After watching their 2014 Yates Cup dreams crumble due to injuries, the Western Mustangs will undoubtedly be aiming to reclaim the throne in 2015 and will also open their season on the road with a game against the rival Windsor Lancers.
The Guelph Gryphons welcome the Marauders to town on Sept. 19 for a rematch of the 2014 Yates Cup. Expect an electric atmosphere at Alumni Stadium, as this will be the Gryphons homecoming game against the school's biggest rival.
Other schedule highlights include:
• Hoping to make the jump from "up-and-coming" to serious contender, the Carleton Ravens travel to Kingston for a Kick Off Week matchup against a Queen's Gaels squad trying to get back into the OUA playoffs.
• New students will get a true taste of what school spirit means on Sept. 12 as a part of university Frosh Week. Highlighting the weekend, the Ottawa Gee-Gees travel to McMaster for an OUA playoff semi-final rematch, while 2014 Most Valuable Player award winner Dillon Campbell and the Laurier Golden Hawks welcome the Western Mustangs to town.
• The Queen's Gaels and Western Mustangs will renew one of Canada's best rivalries when they meet in London on Sept. 19 in a Week 4 matchup.
• Nate Behar leads the Carleton Ravens to his hometown of London to face the Western Mustangs on Sept. 26 – fittingly for Behar, it's Homecoming Weekend at Western.
• Dial up the intensity for Rivalry Week on Oct. 3. Last year's Panda Game had one of the most dramatic finishes in the game's history when Carleton beat Ottawa on a game-ending Hail Mary catch, and another great matchup is expected in 2015.
• The University of Toronto Varsity Blues and York Lions battle for GTA supremacy on Oct. 2 in the Red and Blue Bowl, and expect no love lost when the Battle of Waterloo kicks off at Warrior Field between the Waterloo Warriors and Laurier Golden Hawks on Oct. 3. Rounding out the weekend are games between the McMaster Marauders and Windsor Lancers in Windsor, and the Guelph Gryphons on the road against the Queen's Gaels.
• Laurier will play under the Friday night lights on Oct. 9 in a pre-Thanksgiving battle with the Ottawa Gee-Gees.
• Regular season play concludes on Oct. 24, with teams fighting for postseason positioning, including a marquee matchup when the Western Mustangs travel to Hamilton to face McMaster in a game that could very well have first place on the line.
The OUA quarter-finals will take place on Oct. 31, followed by the semifinals on Nov. 7. The OUA season reaches a dramatic conclusion on Nov. 14 for the 108th Yates Cup presented by Pioneer.
The winner of the Yates Cup will once again play host to the CIS Mitchell Bowl, and will face the RSEQ conference champion the following week with a trip to the 51st Vanier Cup on the line.
It's going to be another great season of OUA football, so be sure to plan your road trips and remember that every game will be broadcast live on OUA.tv!*Dates and times are subject to change